Surface treatment refers to the protection of the base material by modifying the surface of the material or coating a layer of other materials. Most of the damage and failure of materials start from surface damage, so the surface treatment technology for materials came into being.
Gilded can be used for decoration. Due to the stable nature of gold, it can also be used to protect utensils from being oxidized. It has low electrical resistance, is easy to weld, and is corrosion resistant. It is suitable for use in:
- RF connector of wireless module
- Probe heads that need to work in highly corrosive environments
- Analog signal connector interface
- Applications requiring long-term stability of resistance
Nickel has metal passivation properties, can form a dense oxide film to isolate the air, can provide excellent anti-oxidation properties for the plated objects, in addition to corrosion resistance, increase hardness, wear resistance and magnetic properties, suitable for use In:在 :
- Power supply interface
- Oscilloscope probe needle
- Screw, chain, steam valve, caliper parts
- Where beautiful and shiny parts are required
- Applications requiring wear resistance
Chrome plating is a technique for electroplating thin layers of chromium onto metal objects. The chrome layer can be decorative, provide corrosion resistance, simplify cleaning procedures, or increase surface hardness. Sometimes, for aesthetic purposes, cheaper imitations of chrome can be used. In the automotive industry, chrome plating is mostly used on bright decorations to withstand the temperature changes and weather effects experienced by the car outdoors.
- Even the thinner decorative layer is chrome-plated, it can still provide excellent corrosion resistance
- Reduce friction
- Improve durability through abrasion resistance and abrasion resistance
Reduce parts wear or seizure
- Often used to decorate auto parts, hydraulic rods, etc.
Tinning is most commonly used to prevent rust, but it is also commonly used on the ends of strands used as conductors to prevent oxidation (increasing resistance) and to prevent fraying or unraveling when used in various wire connectors (such as stranded wires) , To avoid short circuit.
- Prevent oxidation
- Suitable for occasions where wires/cables should not be scattered and must maintain good conductivity
- Suitable for occasions where electronic connectors require solder
Anodic treatment is a kind of electrolytic passivation treatment. It is used to increase the thickness of the oxide layer on the surface of metal parts. The formation of the oxide layer is controlled by electrochemical methods to prevent further oxidation and at the same time increase the mechanical properties of the surface. Another purpose is to use Different chemical reactions produce various colors to improve appearance, and are widely used in screws, nuts, etc.
- Prevent oxidation
- Improve corrosion resistance
- Improve adhesion
- Produce color and enhance beauty
Passivation is a widely used metal finishing process to prevent corrosion. In stainless steel, the passivation process uses nitric acid or citric acid to remove free iron on the surface. The chemical treatment results in a protective oxide layer, which is unlikely to chemically react with air and cause corrosion.
- Produce chemical film anti-rust layer
- Extend product life
- Remove contaminants on the surface of the product
- Reduce maintenance requirements
PTFE is famous for its Teflon trademark, has many ideal characteristics, and is widely used in the automotive industry and the medical industry. Such as improved fuel efficiency and more stable drug pipelines and interfaces
- Low friction coefficient
- Stable properties, high temperature resistance
- Can be used in food industry and medical industry
- Suitable for power transmission parts such as pistons, gears, bearings, etc.
Suitable for medical equipment pipelines, interface pipelines
Metal coloring is the process of changing the color of the metal surface with different chemical solutions. The color transfer on the metal surface depends on the type of metal, so each metal has a different coloring method.
- Avoid overspray
- Small size impact
Physical vapor deposition
Physical vapor deposition (PVD) is an industrial manufacturing process that mainly uses physical processes to deposit thin films, that is, vacuum coating (evaporation), which is mostly used in the surface treatment of cutting tools and various molds , And the manufacturing process of semiconductor devices.
- Increase strength
- Improve wear resistance
- Improve oxidation resistance
- Suitable for aerospace industry, automobile industry, locomotive industry, cutting tools, gun parts... etc.等
Hot dip galvanized
Hot-dip galvanizing (HDG), also known as hot-dip galvanizing, is an anti-rust method in which steel parts are placed in molten zinc to obtain a metal protective layer. Hot-dip galvanizing technology has the advantages of strong coating corrosion resistance, controllable thickness and surface morphology, maintenance-free, and low cost. It has become an extremely effective anti-rust method for steel materials.
- low cost
- Strong corrosion resistance
- Improve rust resistance
- Maintenance free
Painting is a covering applied to the surface of an object, mainly used to change the surface properties of the object. Such as the adhesion of the label to the pan, the weak magnetic properties of semiconductor materials. Fireproof coating and rubber sound insulation coating of automobile chassis, etc.
- Functional and non-functional coating
- Add surface characteristics without destroying the original substrate
- Its characteristics depend on the coating material
- The coating material depends on the use environment, and its use is wide and unlimited
Titanium nitride is a very hard ceramic material, usually used as a coating for titanium alloys, steel, carbides and aluminum components to improve the surface properties of the substrate. TiN is used as a thin coating to harden and protect cutting and sliding surfaces, for decorative purposes (due to its golden appearance), and as a non-toxic surface coating for medical implants.
- It can basically ignore the size change after processing
- Suitable for hard surface coating of machine tools
- Wide range of uses and good stability
- High hardness, smoothness and excellent heat resistance